We are Hiring!
We are looking for someone to join us working from our Coventry datacentre site to provide high quality support to our customers as well as to help manage and support our systems.
Working as part of our technical team you will support our customers and maintain the systems that deliver our services, helping us maintain a high standard of service and 24/7 uptime, so a high customer service ethic and a focus on accuracy and diligence is a key requirement for this role.
This is very much a hands-on role with plenty of challenging scenarios that will give you the opportunity to develop further as an engineer, full on the job training would be provided.
Ideally you would have a strong background in troubleshooting technical issues and managing caseloads. You will should be able to take ownership of tasks while also knowing when it is appropriate to escalate.
This would be a shift based role working 4 days on 4 days off in 11 hour shifts.
Our customers are from a wide range of markets and as we offer a number of different solutions to customers the work is varied however typical tasks include:
- Responding to customer support requests via web based ticketing system and via phone
- Carrying out remote hands requests within our datacentre for customers (rebooting servers, swapping disks etc)
- Deployment of new physical, virtual and cloud solutions to customers.
- Configuring and racking new Juniper and Cisco switches and routers.
- Configuration of backups using Veeam, R1Soft and other technologies.
- Deployment and management of private cloud solutions using VMWare and OnAPP.
- Building and upgrading rackmount servers of our own infrastructure and that of customers.
- Managing and deployment of load balanced hosting environments within linux environments
The candidate for the role will have knowledge of:
- Experience building/configuring computer hardware
- Installation of windows based operating systems
- Computer hardware knowledge, at least to the level of building a PC from parts unsupervised
- Networking IPv4, IPv6, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS
- Understanding of RAID Levels
- Installation of linux based operating systems
- Basic management of windows and linux based operating systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
The ideal candidate for the role will have knowledge of:
- Previous experience using apache, nginx, mySQL/MariaDB, PHP, Redis, Memcached.
- Previous setup experience of VPNs either using OpenVPN or hardware devices.
- Experience with pFsense firewall deployment and management
- Hands on experience with cPanel/WHM Control Panel, Plesk, WordPress.
- Networking experience/qualification (CCNA/JNCIA/Network+)
- Experience working with server remote management interfaces (IPMI/IDRAC/ILO)
- Exposure to and management of virtual and/or cloud servers, ideally through VMWare or OnAPP
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Access to work hands on with the latest technology
- Ability to grow and progress through a rapidly expanding company
- Supported training and development to help you progress within your career
- Working as part of a small friendly likeminded team with many years of combined experience
How to apply:
Applications can be made by sending your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org