APC Masterswitch PDU – Password Reset
This guide details howto reset the password on an APC AP7920 PDU, it should however work the most APC PDUs.
Before you start
You will need these tools:
- Serial cable – USB/Serial to RJ11
- Paper Clip
- Laptop with a serial client or similar (e.g. Putty)
Connect the serial cable to your device and the console port of the APC PDU. Then get your paperclip and do the following:
- Press the reset button for 10 seconds
- The light on the network port should pulse.
- Release the reset button and press it again for 1 second
- The light should pulse / go orange
- After a short while (10-20s), the reset will be complete
- Now you can login with the default login credentials of: apc/apc