Vacancy - Datacentre Engineer
We have a relaxed, friendly working environment and provide a fantastic opportunity for all new starters to thrive and rapidly learn new skills.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Experience building/configuring computer hardware
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating system and some exposure to Linux operating systems including CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian etc.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Technically minded with an interest in latest technology
- A good attitude to customer service
- Ability to work on a shift basis
We’re more than happy to train an enthusiastic individual, but the ideal candidate would have the following skills:
- Experience with LAMP stack
- Comfortable using Linux at command line level
- Previous exposure to hosting control panels (cPanel/Plesk)
- Understanding of DNS systems
- Experience of using Cisco or Juniper networking equipment within a datacentre environment
- Exposure to and basic operational understanding of virtualisation technologies (VMWare, Xen, OnAPP)
- Any previous experience working/building and maintaining computer hardware in particular rackmount server equipment from Supermicro/Dell/HP.
Our customers are from a wide range of industries and as we offer a number of different solutions to customers the work is varied however typical tasks include:
- Deployment of new physical, virtual and cloud solutions to customers.
- Configuring and racking new Juniper and Cisco switches and routers.
- Configuration of backups using Veeam, R1 Soft and other technologies.
- Deployment and management of private cloud solutions using VMWare and OnAPP.
- Building and upgrading rackmount servers of our own infrastructure and that of customers.
- Managing and deployment of load balanced hosting environments within linux environments
This is an onsite role based in the network operations centre at our Coventry datacentre which would involve 12 hour shifts in a 4 on 4 off pattern with a holiday allowance of 25 shifts. Shifts alternate between day shifts (7AM-6PM) and nightshift (7:30PM-7:30AM).
A competitive salary is offered dependent upon qualifications, ability and experience. Please do not contact us if you are from an employment agency. CV’s/applications should only be sent to email@example.com